Capcom may have yet another Resident Evil sequel in the works, this time for 2012 spin-off Resident Evil: Revelations, according to a listing on Xbox.com.
Box art and a single screenshot of Biohazard Revelations 2 — the Resident Evil series is known as Biohazard in Japan — were discovered on Xbox.com by French site Gamer In A Box. Capcom has not officially announced a sequel to Resident Evil: Revelations, but the company did cite performance of the game as one of its financial highlights last year.
Resident Evil: Revelations was originally released for Nintendo 3DS in 2012. Capcom later released high-definition versions of Revelations for PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Windows PC in 2013.
Capcom announced last week it would release an updated version of the 2002 Gamecube remake of the first Resident Evil for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC.
Polygon has reached out to Capcom for confirmation on Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)