After you first buy an iPad Apple will ask you to register the device. Now, you don’t have to register you new iPad. If you don’t you can still download and use the iPad or take advantage of your warranty. Mostly it helps if your device is lost or stolen. Registration also helps Apple keep you up to date with the latest software updates and product releases.
Registration is pretty easy and will only take up a few minutes of your day.
1. Go to Apple’s product registration website. Click here to check it out.
2. You’ll be asked to choose your location and preferred language with two drop down menus. Once you do this the site will have you log in with your Apple account. If you don’t have one you can create one. Apple does provide a link on the page.
3. Select that you are registering one product and then click “Next”.
4. Select “iPad” from the categories list. Indicate whether you have a 3G or Wi-Fi model and then click “Continue”.
5. Find your iPad’s serial number. You should find it on the back of the iPad printed underneath the product details. You can also find it by plugging the iPad into your computer, opening iTunes, and looking under the device screen.
6. Finally, indicate how you will use the device, your location and click “Continue” to complete your iPad registration.
This article was originally posted on Digital Trends
More from Digital Trends