PRINCETON, N.J. (AP) — An hours-long search for explosives on the Princeton University campus has turned up nothing so far.
Princeton officials say they expect the searches to continue for several more hours but hope to reopen the campus by the evening. No decision will be made until the searches are complete.
The Ivy League university evacuated nearly 7,000 people from its campus and off-campus buildings after receiving a phoned-in bomb threat at 9 a.m. Tuesday. Princeton says in a statement that it was one of a number of threats around the country Tuesday, although a school spokesman says he is unaware of anything linking them.
No classes are in session, though some summer programs are.