The Pokémon Trading Card Game is coming to iPad, according to Josh Wittenkeller on Twitter. The image above shows what looks like a version of The Pokémon Trading Card Game being played on a digital table on a white iPad. On the back of the cards is the familiar Pokéball design. The iPad game appears to be a version of The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, currently playable on Windows PC and Mac.
A representative from The Pokémon Company confirmed the game is real, but could not provide a timeline for its release.
The Pokémon World Championship takes place this weekend at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C, and features events for The Pokémon Trading Card Game. The iPad game is already being shown to some attendees.
While The Pokémon Company has created a number of apps for iOS, this will be the first full game to be released on Apple's mobile hardware.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)