11 / 13

3. BMW

BMW has a brand value of $29,052 million. It is reported that about 56% of the company’s vehicles produced are powered by petrol engines and the remaining 44% are powered by diesel engines. In 2010, the BMW group produced 1,481,253 automobiles and 112,271 motorcycles across all its brands.

World's 13 most valuable automakers

The auto industry is one of the world's biggest. Close to a billion total vehicles now traverse the world's roads, and consume about a billion cubic meters of fuel (260 billion US gallons) each year. This ranking, by Interbrand, is of companies in the auto sector, based on 2012 brand value.