Imagine a single device could replace your keyboard, a mouse and a trackpad. Imagine you already own that device, and the missing link between you and all of this great functionality is a $1.99 app. Now, imagine that app was made available for free for a limited time.
We’re not saying using your iPhone in place of your keyboard and mouse/trackpad is terribly efficient, but Remote Mouse by Yang Tian Jiao will get the job done if you want it to.
The other option, of course, is to forget about the app’s keyboard functionality and simply use it as a futuristic trackpad capable not only of replacing devices like Apple’s Magic Trackpad, but also capable of launching apps on your Windows/Mac computer, controlling media playback and more.
From the app’s description:
Remote Mouse turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod into a wireless user-friendly remote control for your Mac / PC. It’ll surprise you with fully simulated touchpad, keyboard and featured remote panels which make your remote experience simple and efficient.
Giving a presentation? Watching an online movie? Or transferring pictures within a second? We make it dead easy to control your PC/Mac! Just sit back and enjoy the day.
** FEATURES **
• Fully Simulated Mouse
• Magic Trackpad
• Multi-Touch Gestures
• Function Keyboard in Landscape Mode (full version only)
• Key Combination Input
• Media Remote – convenient control of iTunes, Keynote, Hulu and FrontRow (need unlocking)
• Changing Keynote Slides with Physical Volume Buttons (media remote feature)
• Remote Image Viewer & Transfer (need unlock)
• Application Launcher & Switcher
• Shut Down / Sleep / Restart / Log Off Remotely
• Numeric Keyboard
• Swaying Mode Control
• Remotely Typing with Voice (need Siri)
• Connect via IP & QR code
• Password Protection
• Customizable Wallpapers
• Works under Wi-Fi and 3G network
• Compatible with Windows 8, 7, XP, Vista, Mac OSX 10.5+
Remote Mouse is typically a bargain at $1.99, and it’s free right now for a limited time.
Download Remote Mouse
This article was originally published on BGR.com