The Oscars aren’t always exciting. The 2017 Academy Awards are set to be three hours long, but the Los Angeles ceremony almost always goes late. Playing drinking games can help ensure that you and the guests at your Oscars viewing party are still having fun by the time best picture is announced. Check out our 2017 Oscars drinking game below:
Take A Sip When
- Someone mentions President Trump or his policies.
- Host Jimmy Kimmel makes a bad joke.
- “La La Land” wins.
- You correctly guess a winner. Use our printable Oscar ballot HERE to help.
Take A Shot When
- An actor trips.
- Someone’s name is mispronounced.
- A presenter can’t read the teleprompter.
Finish Your Drink When
- A winner cries.
- Finish your drink when someone mentions their childhood.
- When someone claims they didn’t prepare a speech.
Gulp For 10 Seconds When
- Jimmy Kimmel brings up his faux feud with Matt Damon
- A winner mentions the Oscar statue’s weight.
- Someone swears.
- Someone tells their kids watch to go to bed.
Remember, you can adapt these rules to whatever amount of alcohol you’re comfortable with (if you’re over 21, that is. Minors can play with mocktails). Also, drinking games are always better with food. Check out best picture themed snacks for your Oscars viewing party HERE.
The 2017 Academy Awards air Sunday at 8:30 p.m. EST on ABC.