MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Surveillance video reviewed so far by police hasn't shown a mass abduction of 11 young people who have been missing in Mexico City for more than a week, an official in the city prosecutor's office said Monday.
The official said investigators still had several more hours of footage to review but they hadn't found any scenes of gunmen kidnapping the group as described by a witness.
Police also found no find evidence of a mass abduction or violence inside the after-hours bar cited by the witness, the official said.
The official agreed to talk about the case on condition his name not be revealed because he wasn't authorized to discuss an investigation still in progress.
A man who said he escaped the mass abduction from the bar on May 26 told authorities that masked men with large guns and SUVs kidnapped the group in broad daylight.
The man talked to authorities when he accompanied one of the missing's relatives to file a report, but authorities haven't been able to locate him since then, the official said.
No other witnesses have come forward, authorities have said.
The bar is on a narrow street surrounded by towering office buildings just off the city's busy Paseo de la Reforma. The bar is also a short walk from the federal police building and the U.S. Embassy.
But no one saw anything that Sunday at around 10 a.m. when the abduction supposedly happened and when nearby Reforma was full of people gathering for a 5-kilometer foot race, the city's weekly urban bike ride and an international culture fair that had just opened the day before.
Mexico City Interior Secretary Hector Serrano said Monday that the bar had previously been shut down by authorities but an injunction allowed it to reopen.
He said the bar's owner was being sought by authorities. Police also have said they couldn't locate any of the bar's employees.