Nicki Minaj has made history once again. On Monday, Billboard announced the 34-year-old rapper surpassed Aretha Franklin for the most Hot 100 hits among female artists. Nicki was able to break Franklin’s 73-hit record with her recent singles “Regret in Your Tears,” “Changed It” featuring Lil Wayne, and “No Frauds” with Drake and Lil Wayne. Nicki now has 76 Hot 100 appearances under her belt.
The milestone is especially impressive considering Franklin held the top spot for 40 years out of the chart’s 58-year history. The “Queen of Soul’s” reign began in 1977, when she earned her 54th Hot 100 hit with "Break It to Me Gently.”
Nicki tied Franklin’s longstanding record earlier this year with the release of the Gucci Mane’s “Make Love,” a track that re-ignited the rapper's ongoing feud with Remy Ma: “Oh oh, you the queen of this here/One platinum plaque, album flopped—bitch, where?” Nicki rapped. Since then, the rappers’ have exchanged several shots, with many giving Remy the W after she dropped her brutal diss track, “shETHER.” But now that Nicki has set an all-time record—thanks in large part to her Remy clap back “No Frauds”—it seems the self-proclaimed “Queen of Rap” is having the last laugh.
You can check out the top 15 female artists with the most Hot 100 hits below.
Most Billboard Hot 100 Entries Among Women (All-Time List):
Nicki Minaj – 76
Aretha Franklin – 73
Taylor Swift – 70
Rihanna – 58
Madonna – 58
Dionne Warwick – 56
Beyoncé – 54
Connie Francis – 53
Mariah Carey – 48
Brenda Lee – 48
Miley Cyrus – 43
Barbra Streisand – 41
Mary J. Blige – 40
Janet Jackson – 40
Diana Ross – 40
- Gucci Mane Links Up With Nicki Minaj on His New Track "Make Love"
- Meek Mill Insinuates Nicki Minaj Pays Hip-Hop Blogs to Discredit Him
- Nicki Minaj and Her Visor Star in the Video For Jason Derulo’s “Swalla”
- Nicki Minaj Lip-Synced "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" and Celine Dion F*cks With It
More from Complex
- Guy Attacked by Crocodile While Trying to Impress Girl Says It Was Worth It
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James, Refuses to Apologize for Talking About His Kids
- Gallant Shares a Spotify Playlist of the Songs that Shaped Him Growing Up
- 6 Things We Learned From Nike's Fiscal Report
- There Might Be Moles in El Chapo's Defense Team, and the Feds Ain't Having It