A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department says the Natalie Wood death investigation is not as cold as he previously told Access Hollywood on Wednesday afternoon.
Steve Whitmore, a spokesperson for the LASD, now says despite his earlier comments suggesting the investigation was a cold case, it actually is "open and they are working on it."
"We are seeking more information from the public," Whitmore told Access late Wednesday night.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Whitmore told Access earlier on Wednesday that the investigation into the late actress' death, which was prompted by new information in Marti Rulli's book, "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour," was now in the LASD cold case file and not going anywhere.
Natalie's husband at the time of her death, Robert Wagner, was not a suspect, LASD officials said in November.
Wagner has denied any wrongdoing.
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.