Just one spot remains in the NASCAR Cup Series championship race at Homestead on Nov. 19 after Kevin Harvick and Martin Truex Jr. joined Kyle Busch with their 1-2 finish Sunday at Texas.
Five drivers are contending for the final title-race spot at the penultimate race of the season at Phoenix Raceway on Sunday, and Brad Keselowski holds a comfortable 19-point lead over Denny Hamlin for the final spot. Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott and seven-time champion Jimmie Johnson likely need a win in Sunday's Can-Am 500 if they are to advance.
All three NASCAR national series are in action this weekend as the Cup, Xfinity and Truck Series determine their Championship 4 at Phoenix Raceway.
NASCAR Cup Series playoffs Round of 8 standings
Kyle Busch (win)
Kevin Harvick (win)
Martin Truex Jr. (points)
Brad Keselowski +19
Denny Hamlin -19
Ryan Blaney -22
Chase Elliott -49
Jimmie Johnson -51
- If Keselowski wins, he will clinch. If Kyle Busch/Truex/Harvick or a non-playoff driver wins, he would guarantee a clinch on points with 37 points.
- If Hamlin wins, he will clinch. Could clinch on points with a Kyle Busch/Truex/Harvick or a non-playoff driver win and help.
- If Blaney wins, he will clinch. Could clinch on points with a Kyle Busch/Truex/Harvick or a non-playoff driver win and help.
- If Elliott wins, he will clinch. Could clinch on points with a Kyle Busch/Truex/Harvick or a non-playoff driver win and help.
- If Johnson wins, he will clinch. Could clinch on points with a Kyle Busch/Truex/Harvick or a non-playoff driver win and help.
2017 NASCAR playoffs Round of 8 standings
- Kyle Busch (win)
- Martin Truex Jr. +67 points above cutoff line
- Brad Keselowski +29
- Kevin Harvick +3
- Jimmie Johnson -3
- Ryan Blaney -6
- Denny Hamlin -8
- Chase Elliott -26
NASCAR at Phoenix 2017 schedule, TV channel
(All times ET)
Friday, Nov. 10
11 a.m.-12:50 p.m.: Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS2
1-2:25 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, NBCSN
2:30-3:25: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, NBCSN
4:30-5:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBC Sports App
5:30 p.m.: Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1
6:45 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN
8:30 p.m.: Camping World Truck Series Lucas Oil 150 (150 laps, 150 miles), FS1
Saturday, Nov. 11
11:30-12:25 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice NBCSN
12:35 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN
2-2:50 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBCSN
3:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Ticket Galaxy 200, NBC (200 laps, 200 miles)
What TV channel is the NASCAR playoff race at Phoenix on?
The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Can-Am 500 begins at 2:30 p.m. ET Sunday, Nov. 12 and can be seen on NBC and the NBC Sports app.
What are the stage lengths for NASCAR's Can-Am 500 at Phoenix?
The Can-Am 500, which is 312 laps and 312 miles (500 km), will be broken into three segments: Stage 1 ends on Lap 75, Stage 2 ends on Lap 150 and the final stage ends on Lap 312.
Which NASCAR Cup Series drivers are racing in the playoff race at Phoenix?
There are 41 Cup drivers entered in Sunday's race, meaning all but one driver will make the race with Friday's qualifying setting their starting positions. Here is the list of participating Cup drivers in alphabetical order by first name:
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Martin Truex Jr.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
TBA (No. 51 team)