A heartbroken mother has described the moment she found her daughter collapsed on the sink after she choked to death on leftover steak.
Sherry Campbell, from Ireland, had enjoyed the meal with her family on September 7, but decided to have the leftovers as a "quick snack" later that night.
The 29-year-old was found dead by her parents, Fionuala and Shannon, the next morning, The Mirror reported.
Sherry Campbell had enjoyed the meal with her family on September 7, but decided to have the leftovers as a "quick snack". Photo: Facebook
"I can still hear the awful sound of Shannon screaming for me after he found Sherry in the kitchen," Ms Campbell said.
“Our beautiful girl was standing against the sink, her upper body slumped over it. As Shannon tried to help her, I ran to our neighbour to get help, hoping that she’d be okay."
Ms Campbell said neighbours and friends filled the home and tried to help revive Sherry until paramedics arrived.
Sherry was unable to be saved and Ms Campbell said her world "crashed into a million pieces."
The 29-year-old was found dead by her dad Shannon. Photo: Facebook
A post mortem confirmed Sherry had choked on a piece of steak.
The 29-year-old loved to cook for her family and she was buried with her favourite chicken recipes and letters from her friends.
The family have since launched The Sherry Campbell Foundation to help teach people what to do if they witness a loved one choking.
A post mortem confirmed Sherry had choked on a piece of steak. Photo: Facebook