More charges filed in connection to KC mass shooting

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – More suspects were named in connection to the mass shooting after the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl celebration rally last week.

The Jackson County prosecutor announced charges against two adults Tuesday. One of the suspects charged is accused of firing the bullet that killed Lisa Lopez-Galvan.

Unlike the suspects charged last week, these suspects are adults. Their names are Dominic Miller and Lyndell Mays. Both are charged with second-degree murder, armed criminal action, and unlawful use of a weapon.

Charging documents alleged Mays pulled out a gun while he was arguing with a group of people and began shooting.

Heroic Wichita nurse saves Kansas City shooting victim’s life

The prosecutor claimed several other people, including Miller, grabbed their guns and started firing. Both Mays and Miller were hit by bullets and are currently in the hospital.

Jackson County prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said Tuesday more charges could be filed until everyone is held accountable. She read a statement from the family of Lopez-Galvan, who was killed in the shooting:

“It is reassuring for our family and the entire community to know that this joint team effort has resulted in an identification of the suspects involved, though it does not bring back our beloved Lisa. It is comforting to know that the Jackson County prosecutor’s office and the KCPD made it a top priority to seek justice for Lisa.”

According to Peters Baker, Lopez-Galvan and the other people who were shot aren’t the only victims. She wants anyone who was trampled to reach out to her office at 816-234-5043.

Peters Baker said Mays was charged Saturday morning, but he immediately asked for his charges to be sealed. According to her, the charges were just unsealed by the court Tuesday.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to KSN-TV.