Xbox head Phil Spencer has accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and successfully recorded himself getting drenched in icy water following a nomination yesterday by Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson.
The Ice Bucket Challenge dares someone to take a bucket of ice water over their head or donate money toward fighting ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease (though many opt to do both). Once challenged, a person only has 24 hours to fulfill the dare. Notable participants in the past include Martha Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Chris Pratt, Steven Spielberg and Nathan Fillion.
Spencer has since gone on to name Sony's Shuhei Yoshida, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime and Valve's Gabe Newell as the next participants of the Ice Bucket Challenge. You can check out Persson's own accepted Challenge right over here.
Watch Spencer go through with the ALS Challenge in the video below.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)