Each June, the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) recognizes the best and brightest names in the sartorial universe.
That means designers step out with their celebrity dates for the evening. For this year’s awards, happening on Monday night, Kate Spade is bringing presenter Mandy Moore as her plus one. And for that, you should expect the unexpected.
“She’s wearing something she’s never worn before,” Erica Cloud, Moore’s stylist, tells Yahoo Style.
Moore’s style become increasingly bold and fearless. Recently, she’s worn slinky black Michael Kors to the Met Ball and a hand-embroidered Jeffrey Dodd sequin dress to Marie Claire‘s Fresh Faces event. “It’s still keeping that grace but with definitely more of a sexy, edgy vibe,” Cloud says of her overall look as of late. “In the past it was more lady. Now it might be more vixen.”
Every outfit tells a story. And in Moore’s case, “I want people to see that she’s not one-dimensional,” she continues. “Their previous impression of her was when she was young and very sweet. Coming up, with summer, we have done color and we’ll do more color and prints and skin.”
Read more from Yahoo Beauty + Style:
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Is ‘Very Comfortable’ With Her Body, Loves Looking ‘Sensual & Sexy’
- ‘Wonder Woman’ Gal Gadot Feels ‘Very Sexy and Very Strong’ in Her Costume
- The Insulting Roles ‘Pirates’ Star Kaya Scodelario, 25, Won’t Take
- Iconic Supermodel Linda Evangelista Admits the Unthinkable: ‘I Like Wrinkles’
- Never Call ‘Alien: Covenant’ Star Katherine Waterston a ‘Strong Woman’
- ‘Swimsuit’ Stunner Kate Upton Says She’s ‘Still Not Confident in a Bathing Suit’