Man accused of killing grandparents in Washington

Associated Press
View photos
This photo provided by the King County sheriff’s office shows Michael "Chad" Boysen. King County sheriff's Sgt. Cindi West says 26-year-old Boysen was released Friday, March 8, 2013, after serving nine months on a burglary conviction. Now, Boysen is accused of killing his grandparents in Renton, Wash., since he was released. (AP Photo/King County Sheriff’s Office, Cindi L. West)

SEATTLE (AP) — A man released from a Washington state prison Friday after serving time for robbery is suspected of killing his grandparents in the Seattle area and stealing their car, according to authorities who said the man is considered extremely dangerous.

Police are looking for Michael "Chad" Boysen, 26, calling him a suspect in the deaths of the 82-year-old man and 80-year-old woman Friday night or early Saturday at their home in the Fairwood area of Renton.

Boysen "is considered an extreme danger to the public and police," the King County sheriff's office said.

Detectives believe he's trying to find weapons. He had been searching the Internet for "gun shows" across the Northwest and Nevada, the sheriff's office said.

Boysen is 5-foot-10, 170 pounds with hazel eyes. He may be driving the red, 2001 Chrysler 300, Washington license 046XXU.

Boysen had been in prison since 2006 on three robbery convictions in King County, said Judy Feliciano with the Washington Department of Corrections. He was released Friday from the prison at Monroe and was supposed to check in with a community supervision officer within 24 hours, she said.

Investigators had no leads Monday, said sheriff's spokeswoman Sgt. Cindi West.

Autopsies were scheduled Monday on the victims and their names would be released later, the King County medical examiner's office said.

Friends and family members identified the elderly couple to TV stations as Robert R. and Norma J. Taylor. They were members of the local Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, neighbor Ronna Smith told KOMO ( ).

When a family member became concerned the Taylors didn't answer their door Saturday, the daughter was called and found the bodies about 7 p.m. Saturday, KING reported ( ).

"It's really scary that it happened two doors down," Smith told KIRO-TV ( ). "We were home Friday evening, and we left the house at about two in the afternoon on Saturday. And when we came home, at about 8 o'clock, it was full of police cars."