Why Qurate Retail Stock Was Climbing Today

Why Qurate Retail Stock Was Climbing Today
·2 min read

Shares of Qurate Retail Group (NASDAQ: QRTEA) jumped today after the parent of QVC, HSN, and Zulily posted better-than-expected results in its first-quarter earnings report, beating expectations on the top and bottom lines. Revenue in the quarter was up 14% to $3.34 billion, beating estimates of $3.14 billion, and growth was solid across its business lines with QxH -- the combination of QVC and HSN -- up 8% to $1.94 billion. QVC International revenue was up 22% to $774 million; Zulily revenue rose 19% to $377 million; and Cornerstone sales jumped 41% to $250 million.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting