Jeezy releases one of the more anticipated collaborations off his album Pressure.
“American Dream” features J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar. A snippet of the song leaked earlier this week, but now we have the full CDQ.
“American Dream” is the twelfth track on Pressure and it is produced by the production team Soundsmith. In an interview with HipHop-N-More, Y-Not explained the use of sampling a soulful Bilal song for the collaboration.
“The one thing we really like is putting some soul into our music. For this record too, we sampled a song and when we originally made it, it sounded very different and interesting, and that’s why we liked it,” he says. “We then put some drums on it and it came out really nice. We knew it was the one. We used Fruity Loops for it and that’s our go-to now.”
Jeezy’s verse takes aim at Trump, referencing his 2008 song “My President,” an ode to former President Barack Obama. “My president was black, now my president is wack / I ain’t never going broke, what’s more American than that?” he raps.
J. Cole drops an introspective verse on the hustle and how that relates to the American dream. While Kendrick doesn’t have a full verse, he does have a bridge, singing, “I gotta feast, I got to rely on what is known to the traveling man / Set his own, got my bible and my rifle in my hand.”
You can listen to the song, below. You can also check out the intro track “Spyder” on all streaming services here.
- Watch Jeezy and Tory Lanez Debut Their New Song "Like Them" on 'Colbert'
- Jeezy’s “American Dream” With J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar Contains a Bilal Sample
- Jeezy and Diddy Ball Out in "Bottles Up" Video
More from Complex
- Complex UK’s Best Albums Of 2017
- LeBron James and Lonzo Ball Had a Cryptic Conversation and Sparked a Bunch of Hilarious Memes
- LeBron James Records Triple-Double in 'Gradient' Nike LeBron 15 PE
- Listen to Brockhampton's Third Studio Album 'Saturation III'
- Timbaland and 6LACK Drop New Collaboration "Grab The Wheel"