The second day of jury selection has resumed in the trial of an Orlando woman charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter.
Chief Judge Belvin Perry began Tuesday's proceedings in Pinellas County by calling people from the original panel of about 110 potential jurors brought in Monday. Perry is expected to get through that initial pool early in the afternoon and then bring in an additional 50 prospective jurors.
Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 2-year-old daughter Caylee in the summer of 2008. Jury selection is being held outside Orlando because of intense media coverage. Anthony, 25, has pleaded not guilty and says a baby-sitter kidnapped Caylee.
Those not dismissed because of anticipated hardships of serving jury duty for nearly two months will be brought back later this week for further questioning. About half of the jurors questioned so far Tuesday have been asked to return. Only about a third brought in Monday were held over.
Potential jurors questioned Tuesday who were asked to return include a man on disability who said he has seven dogs to care for, and a woman who said she takes medication that affects her memory.
Once the jurors are selected, they will be taken to Orlando and sequestered for the duration of the trial.