FILE - In this Friday, July 20, 2012 file photo, relatives mourn Maor Harush who was killed in a suicide bombing in Bulgaria during his funeral in Acco, Israel. Israel's prime minister said Sunday, July 22, 2012 that his country is on alert for plots to kill more of its citizens overseas, after speculation that last week's deadly bombing of a tour bus in Bulgaria was a rehearsal for a spectacular attack on Israel's Olympics team. (AP Photo/Ahikam Seri)
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's tourism minister says Bulgarian security prevented a terrorist attack against Israel tourists in the country several months ago.
Stas Misezhnikov visited Bulgaria Monday, less than a week after a suicide bomber killed five Israelis and their Bulgarian bus driver in a seaside resort.
The minister said his visit was aimed at encouraging continued Israeli tourism to the country, even after the deadly attack.
Israel blames Iran for the bombing and has been cooperating with Bulgarian authorities in the investigation. Iran has denied involvement.
Misezhnikov's spokesman, Amnon Liberman, says that during the visit, the minister disclosed that a previous attempt against Israelis was thwarted by Bulgaria's intelligence and security services. He would not elaborate.