Beirut (AFP) - Israel has launched multiple attacks on Syrian military positions since January 2013.
It has also targeted infrastructure belonging to the powerful Lebanese Shiite movement Hezbollah, a key ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, preventing arms transfers to the group.
- January 30: The Israeli air force bombards a surface-to-air missiles site and adjacent military complex near Damascus suspected of holding chemical agents, with a US official saying Israel feared the transfer of weapons from Syria to Hezbollah.
The New York Times says the raid could have damaged Syria's main research centre for biological and chemical weapons. The Israeli defence minister implicitly confirms the raid and reaffirms that Israel will not allow arms transfers to Hezbollah.
- May 3: A raid near Damascus targets Iranian weapons destined for Hezbollah, a senior Israeli official says.
- May 5: A raid hits the Jamraya scientific research centre in Damascus, along with a weapons depot and aircraft unit, according to a diplomat in Beirut, with the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights saying 42 soldiers are killed.
- October 30: Fighter jets hit a military airbase in regime stronghold Latakia, northwestern Syria, to halt a shipment of surface-to-air missiles to Hezbollah, according to Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya television.
- February 25: A Lebanese security source says two Israeli raids hit a Hezbollah target on the border of Lebanon and Syria, with the Observatory saying the target was a Hezbollah "missile base".
- March 19: Warplanes attack Syrian army positions on the Golan Heights. At least one person is killed and seven wounded.
- June 23: Israel carries out retaliatory air raids on Syrian army positions following an attack from Syria that killed an Israeli teenager and wounding two other civilians.
- July 15: Warplanes strike three administrative and military targets in Syria's Golan after the Israeli army said two rockets fired from Syria hit the Israeli-occupied sector of the Golan Heights.
- August 31: Israel downs a drone over the Golan Heights.
- September 23: Israel shoots down a Syrian fighter jet as it attempts to fly over the ceasefire line above the Israeli-occupied Golan.
- December 7: Syria's army accuses Israel of striking two government-held areas in Damascus province, one near the international airport.
- 2015 -
- January 18: Six Hezbollah fighters and an Iranian general are killed in an Israeli air strike on the Syrian side of the Golan.
- January 28: Israel carries out raids against Syrian army targets, saying Damascus was responsible for rocket fire that hit the occupied Golan Heights.
- July 29: An air strike on a government-held village on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights kills two Hezbollah militants and three men from pro-regime popular committees according to the Observatory.