House fire in Bowers Hill displaces four adults

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – A house fire in Chesapeake Thursday afternoon displaced four adults.

The Chesapeake Fire Department received a call at 2:17 p.m. to respond to a fire in the 3900 block of Grand Isle Drive. That’s in the Bowers Hill section of the city.

Crews arrived to find smoke coming from a two-story home. They entered the home and had the fire under control within a few minutes, according to fire officials.

Everyone inside had already self-evacuated before firefighters arrived. One of the occupants, an adult male, was treated on scene for minor injuries.

The fire department declared the cause to be accidental, and said it started in the kitchen.

Smoke from the fire caused significant damage. The Red Cross is helping out the family with temporary housing.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to