- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Firefighters rushed to the suburban New York home of Bill and Hillary Clinton on Wednesday after a blaze broke out on the second floor of the house.
The fire reportedly started in the bedroom of the Chappaqua, N.Y. home, and spread to the attic, but was extinguished quickly.
The extent of the damage is unknown, and it is unclear whether the former president and the former secretary of state were present during the incident. There were no reported injuries from the fire.
“Main body of fire knocked down. Crews checking for extension,” the fire department reported.
It was unclear at first if the main structure of the building was on fire or if the blaze had begun in a guest room. Police later said in a statement that the fire was not in the “main residence."
The five-bedroom home was built in 1889, and the Clintons purchased it for $1.7 million in 1999. In 2016, the family also purchased the house next door for an additional $1.6 million.
More from Newsweek