GOP, Eyeing Isaac, Issues New Convention Schedule
- The revised schedule is for a convention running from Tuesday to Thursday.
- Romney campaign adviser Russ Schriefer said officials are monitoring the weather closely and left the door open to more schedule changes.
- Schriefer said he didn't want to discuss "hypothetical" cancellations but “our concern has to be with the people in the path” of the storm.
- Under the revised schedule, Mitt Romney will be nominated Tuesday night and give his acceptance speech Thursday night.
- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, originally slated to speak Monday night, will speak Wednesday night under the new schedule.
- Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor, will now deliver his remarks Thursday night before Romney’s speech.
- The lineup of primetime speakers for 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, when the networks will provide coverage, is unchanged.