I am beach bound this weekend and can't wait!!!! Surf and sand - here I come!
Don't leave home without a well-stocked beach bag (Lindsay Phillips makes cute canvas ones www.lindsay-phillips.com ) Here are a few of my hot weather essentials...
1. SUNBLOCK Don't EVER leave home without it! An absolute must, especially for fair skinned gals like myself. I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with SPF 100+! If you have kids, take extra care to make sure they are covered head to toe.
2. CUTE SUIT A swimsuit is something I just won't pay top dollar for. Not gonna happen. Target, Old Navy, H&M and Forever21 all have on-trend suits at dirt cheap prices. Happy Shopping!
3. STYLISH MULTITASKER I always take a large cotton scarf to the beach and right now I am all about Theodora & Callum scarves, which are ultra chic and very practical. Plenty of celebrities agree... Kate Hudson, Heidi Klum and Jessica Alba are fans and Julia Roberts loves them so much she gifted them to Oprah's audience on one of her last shows. The Theodora & Callum oversize "Tie All" scarves can be worn multiple ways... around your waist as a sarong, a cover up for your shoulders or legs if you are getting too much sun. It can also be tied as a strapless dress, empire waist dress, halter or one shoulder style to take you straight from the pool to a party. www.theodoraandcallum.com
4. HIP HEADGEAR Protect your skin and hair against sun and wind damage with a stylish hat. I actually just bought a cute one from crewcuts, when I was shopping for my daughter. Don't forget the shades too! Go for dark, big sunglasses to protect the delicate skin around your eyes. I am rocking the large size Ray-Ban Wayfarers in black. You can never go wrong with a classic!
5. FAB FOOTWEAR Matthew McConaughey is the ultimate beach dude and if he likes something, you know it's a good thing. Sanuk (which means fun in Thai) specializes in beach and surf shoes and also counts Brad Pitt, Halle Berry and Ellen DeGeneres as fans of the brand. I like their flip flop called the Yoga Mat, which is made out of recycled yoga mats. www.sanuk.com
Copyright 2011 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.