Framingham man faces 16 firearms-related charges; police are mum on details

FRAMINGHAM A local man is charged with firing a gun several times last summer, although authorities are not releasing any details about the incident.

Police arrested Lucas M. Fentenelle, 20, at 1:58 a.m. Saturday on 16 firearms-related charges.

According to the police log, the incident occurred on Aug. 8 of last year. That day, there was a drive-by shooting on Hartford Street with no injuries, but police spokeswoman Lt. Rachel Mickens said she could not comment on the incident or any part of the investigation.

"It's still an ongoing investigation," she said.

Widespread panic:Framingham High School senior recounts terror of false alarm

What are the charges filed?

Police have charged Fentenelle with five counts each of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling; assault with a dangerous weapon (firearm); and attempted assault and battery with a firearm. Police also charged him with possession of a firearm without an FID card.

He also had two unspecified warrants for his arrest.

Fentenelle, of 90 Hartford St., was ordered held without bail at his arraignment Monday in Framingham District Court.

When is the next court date?

He is due back in court Thursday for a hearing to determine whether he is a danger to the public.

The court file, which typically includes a police report or affidavit to support an arrest, was impounded by a judge, meaning it was not publicly available.

Norman Miller can be reached at 508-626-3823 or nmiller@wickedlocal.com. For up-to-date public safety news, follow him on Twitter @Norman_MillerMW or on Facebook at facebook.com/normanmillercrime.

This article originally appeared on MetroWest Daily News: Framingham man faces several charges for gun incident last August