Check out all of our Valentine’s Day content here.
Don’t ever get rid of your cardboard boxes… make flower letters out of them! These are perfect for the nursery, that empty spot on your gallery wall or a personalized hostess gift. All you need to do is grab that trusty glue gun and follow these easy steps.
Yahoo Makers: How to Make a Flower Crown that will Never Wilt
- Tissue paper in various colors
- Hot glue gun
More for Valentine’s Day: Dreamy Crepe Paper Flowers
1. Draw or trace your desired letter on a piece of cardboard and cut it out.
2. Cut out two long rectangles, approximately 1,5 inches wide, depending on how big your letter is.
3. Glue the rectangles to the letter’s edge. Keep going until there are sides all around the letter.
4. Fold tissue paper several times, draw a flower shape and cut it out.
5. Grab the middle of the flower and twist it.
6. Add a little glue to the bottom of the flower and add another layer. Keep doing this 4 or 5 times, or until you are happy with the size of the flower.
7. For the stigma, choose a different colored paper, cut out a small rectangle and cut it to fringe it.
8. Now roll the rectangle and secure the roll with glue.
9. Glue the bottom of the fringe to the middle of the flower.
10. Now fill the letter with the flowers. Use your glue gun to make sure they stay put. Keep adding flowers till there’s no more space.
More from Yahoo Makers:
- No Florist Required Valentine Flowers
- Boho Bride Must-Have: A DIY Flower Crown
- Think Pink Flowers This Valentine’s Day
- Stop Her Heart And Smell The Roses