Father's Day is Sunday and there is no better way to celebrate it than sharing some dad jokes and riddles. Fathers are believed to have some of the best sense of humor and we need to go no further than Phil Dunphy of ABC’s hit show “Modern Family,” famous for his jokes.
The tradition of Father’s Day dates back to 1910 and the first celebration took place in Spokane, Washington. The governor of the state declared the nation’s first Father’s Day that year. While not a federally-recognized holiday, it's the day to pamper and appreciate a father's role in a child's life. So shower some love on your dad, take him out for dinner, go for a weekend trip, bring him some nice goodies, and of course, share some jokes with him.
Here are 14 hilarious one-liners and riddles to share on Father’s Day.
1. “A family of three tomatoes were walking downtown one day when the little baby tomato started lagging behind. The big father tomato walks back to the baby tomato, stomps on her, squashing her into a red paste, and says, ‘Ketchup!’” — myenglishpages.com
2. Q: What did baby corn say to mama corn? A: Where's popcorn? — Jokes4Us.com
3. “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” — Jokes4Us.com
4. “Jon: What’s the difference between a high-hit baseball and a maggot’s father? Tom: What? Jon: One’s a pop fly. The other’s a fly pop.” — Boys’ Life
5. Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? Great food, no atmosphere. — DailyNews
6. Father: Let me see your report card. Son: I don't have it. Father: Why not? Son: My friend just borrowed it. He wants to scare his parents. — Jokes4Us.com
7. Me: Dad, make me a sandwich!
Dad: Poof, you’re a sandwich!
8. I would give my dad what he really wants on Father's Day, but I can't afford to move out yet. — onelinefun.com
9. “My father was never sexist, he beat my brothers and me equally.” — Njambi McGrath
10. “Just once on Father's Day I wish my kids would give me a #1 Dad mug instead of one with my actual ranking.” — Andy Borowitz
11. “A little boy asked his father, ‘Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?’ Father replied, ‘I don't know son, I'm still paying.’ – Jokes4Us.com
12. “While having their evening dinner together, a little girl looked up at her father and asked, ‘Daddy, you're the boss in our family, right?’ The father was very pleased to hear it and confidently replied, ‘Yes, my little princess.’ The girl then continued, ‘That's because mommy put you in charge, right?’” – loveyoufather.com
13. “Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch.” — Jon Stewart
14. “My daughter got me a ‘World’s Best Dad’ mug. So we know she’s sarcastic.” — Bob Odenkirk