The Facebook minimum wage is increasing and it means more money for select contractors.
Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) says that it is increasing the minimum wage of contract workers in several areas. Those areas are as follows.
- San Francisco Bay Area — Facebook contractors in the San Francisco Bay Area will see their minimum wage increase to $20 per hour.
- New York City — The minimum wage for contractors working out of New York City is also increasing to $20 per hour.
- Washington, D.C. — Facebook is increasing the minimum wage for contractors in the Washington, D.C. area to $20 per hour.
- Seattle — This isn’t as large as a jump as the others, but Facebook contractors in Seattle are going to get a new minimum wage of $18 per hour.
The Facebook minimum wage increase doesn’t just stop at the company’s contractors. It also notes that it is taking special care to increase the minimum wage for U.S. content reviewers. Those wage increases are as follows.
- San Francisco Bay Area — This increase will have Facebook paying content reviewers in the area a minimum of $22 per hour.
- New York City — The minimum wage increase here will also have content reviewers making a minimum of $22 per hour.
- Washington, D.C. — $22 per hour will also be the minimum wage for content reviewers in D.C.
- Seattle — Facebook content reviewers in Seattle will see the minimum wage increase to $20 per hour.
- Other Metro Areas — The minimum wage for content reviewers in other metro areas of the U.S. is also increasing to $20 per hour.
You can follow this link to learn more about the Facebook minimum wage increase.
More From InvestorPlace
- 2 Toxic Pot Stocks You Should Avoid
- 6 Trade War Stocks With a Lot of Risk
- 7 Bond ETFs to Buy
- 10 Stocks That Could Squeeze Short Sellers, Including CGC
As of this writing, William White did not hold a position in any of the aforementioned securities.
The post Facebook Minimum Wage 2019: Which U.S. Contractors Will Get Pay Raises? appeared first on InvestorPlace.