Comparing Instagram to Kodak
On April 9, Facebook announced plans to acquire popular photo-sharing app Instagram. Earlier this year, 131-year-old film pioneer Kodak filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
[More from Mashable: The Most Hated Character on TV? Turn Ellis From ‘Smash’ Into a Meme]
[More from Mashable: Many Instagram Users Already Heading for the Exits]
Facebook's arsenal of services will soon get a little flashier with the $1 billion acquisition of trendy photo-sharing Instagram -- and users on social networks quickly reacted to the sudden business deal.
Herds of Instagram users expressed their satisfaction, dismay and an array of other opinions through funny or compelling message on Twitter. Not surprisingly, they also posted visual responses on Instagram (see gallery above).
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced the agreement, which is the social network's biggest acquisition, in a post on his Timeline. Facebook plans to close the sale sometime during this quarter.
- Facebook Buys Instagram for $1 Billion
- Facebook Acquires Instagram: What Do You Think? [POLL]
- Deleting Your Instagram Account? Here's How to Save Your Pics
- Facegram FTW! How Facebook Could Actually Improve Instagram
- Many Instagram Users Already Heading for the Exits
This story originally published on Mashable here.