Hillary Clinton’s acceptance speech excerpts, some of my takes:
1) “America is stronger because of president Obama’s leadership, and I’m better because of his friendship.”
In the last four years of Obama’s presidency, America is not stronger, we are weaker on the economy, weaker on the military, both of which can be proven.
2) She said, “…and I want to thank Bernie Sanders....” This was actually funny to see, because Bernie sat motionless after she said this and there was temporary immediate cheering that was louder than what there was for Hillary. Bernie did not clap or smile, but eventually smiled a little to the chants, followed by giving a weak clap. There was no Cruz...Cruz chants at the RNC when Trump was speaking. Goes to show you the Democratic party is not quite as unified as they think, nor will the liberal media make anything out of it.
3) She continued to actually start directing her speech at the Bernie supporters, not the general TV audience of liberal, independents, on-the-fence republicans, and on-the-fence democrats, kind of sly, an indication the democrats know they are not united.
4) She said, “We will not build a wall, instead we will build an economy where everyone who wants a job will get one.”
There we go again, open-borders. If Hillary thinks ISIS will not integrate into our economy by easy passage across our southern border, she is living in a dream world. Look at how many times illegal’s have reentered are country, even after some of them have committed crimes.
6) She trashed Trump for saying, “I alone can fix it.” Distortion. Trumps statement was a metaphor, but the right-wing liberals will never be able to understand that or even how metaphors are used. “I alone can fix it” is no different than “I can fix it”. What a worthless argument.
7) Hillary finally accepts the nomination for the president of the United States.
Man, talk about a rollercoaster ride. A fairly commendable buildup of a speech to her nomination and then a downward slope of a speech, sometime yawning in her wording, afterwards.
8) Hillary speech then picks back up. She said, “Tonight we’ve reached a milestone in our nation’s march toward a more perfect union. The first time a major party has nominated a woman for president.”
Female card, but I can’t blame her.
9) She said, “Now I don’t think president Obama and Vice-president Biden get the credit they deserve for saving us from the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes.”
Really, I'll let Obama’s first four years slide and can give him some credit for the first four years, because of the state we were in economically, when he took office, but the next four years should have shown improvement in jobs and our economy, not more people on welfare and food stamps and over 90,000,000 people still unemployed. What a farce of a statement in its totality.
10) She says, “Our economy is so much stronger than when they took office, nearly 15,000,000 new private sector jobs, 20,000,000 more Americans with health insurance, and a auto industry that just had its best year ever. Now that’s real progress….”
Really? Stronger? That will be disputed. It also appears as though the Affordable Care Act is a high priority of the democrats, a federally mandated insurance program that has insurance companies dropping out of some states and premiums massively rising next year. This is not an Affordable Care insurance system. Amazing blind for the democrats and misleading to the American citizens.
12) Hillary states that there will be free education for everyone. How is this going to paid for other than raising taxes?
13) She said, “Keeping our nation safe and honoring the people who do that work will be my highest priority. I’m proud that we put a lid on Iran’s nuclear program without firing a single shot.”
We didn’t have to fire a shot in the first place. We had Iran by the balls with sanctions and they were starting to feel a lot of its effects.
Do we have unlimited access to any of their nuclear facilities at anytime we want? NO.
Did we speed up their ability to obtain a nuclear weapon? YES.
Does Iran sponsor terrorism? YES.
Do Iran’s leaders openly call for the death of Israel? YES.
Do Iran’s leaders call the United States names? YES.
Does Iran respect us? NO.
So tell me, was the Iran nuclear deal really that good of a deal?
14) Hillary implies our military is in good shape. If so, then why are we having to go to bone yards for parts to keep our aircraft flying?
15) She says, “…, so let’s put ourselves in the shoes of young black and Latinos men and women who face the effects of systemic racism and are made to feel like their lives are disposable. Let’s put ourselves in the shoes of police officers who are kissing their child’s….”
Okay now, I didn’t like her first statement, because it is implying systemic racism in the United States is rampant against blacks and Latinos. It is not as bad across the United States as the DNC speechwriters and Hillary are implying. Pitiful.
All and all, her speech was very powerful though for the democratic party, I will have to admit.