The developer is rebuilding its first game in Unreal Engine 4 "to make it feel great on console," Bottomley wrote.
According to the studio's co-founder, you play as a character with the ability to project yourself into the memory of someone with an illness, hoping to restore their memory. He also explained the design of Ether One's optional elements and who they'll appeal to.
"Ether One is a first-person exploration game with optional puzzle solving," he wrote. "If you like to explore worlds and unravel the story without worrying about puzzles, then you're free to do so. However, if you're the old-school adventure, pen-and-paper type player that loves solving all the puzzles then Ether One has a lot of that for you, too. If you choose to pull apart everything in the world you'll be rewarded with a deeper narrative understanding."
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)