In Enemy Starfighter the player takes the role of the pilot of an elite fighter craft and the leader of a larger reconnaissance task force. The goal is to jump into systems, perform surgical strikes to cripple their defences, and pave the way for a larger invasion force. No release date has yet been set.
Enemy Starfighter is a game in production by Marauder Interactive, a small studio led by Mike Tipul. Tipul is a veteran of Pandemic Studios (Full Spectrum Warrior 2, The Saboteur) and Bungie, where he was responsible for the space combat mission in Halo Reach.
The PAX build will feature full Oculus DK2 support. The PAX trailer seems to be heavily inspired by the in-cockpit scenes from Battlestar Galactica, featuring a Bear McCreary-inspired soundtrack and explosive impacts, as well as subtle parallax details only possible with the motion-sensing capabilities of the DK2.
Below is a trailer published earlier this year that shows fleet management in more detail.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)