Looking for some fun events in Bellingham over Memorial Day weekend? Whether you’re a Bellingham local or visiting the city for Ski to Sea, here’s a few events and happenings you won’t want to miss.
▪ The block party will include a fish fry, live music and beer. The free event is also a fundraiser for the Bellingham Food Bank at which $1 of every pint sold will be donated.
▪ The party runs 4-10 p.m. at Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro’s beer garden at 1107 Railroad Ave. in Bellingham.
▪ Boundary Bay Brewery and Bistro will host two bands for live music at its beer garden from 6 to 10 p.m. Beer and food will be available, and The Naughty Blokes and The Sleepy Alligators will be performing.
▪ The centennial Whatcom Memorial Day Parade will run from noon to 3 p.m. through downtown Bellingham. The parade will start at Alabama Street and Cornwall Avenue and will continue south on Cornwall.
▪ The Bellingham Farmers Market is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Saturday in the summer at 1100 Railroad Ave., with locally grown produce, prepared foods and handmade products to purchase. Dogs are not allowed at the market.
▪ The Fairhaven Festival fair will line the streets with food and artisan vendors, live music and entertainment, a kid zone and craft beer and wine garden.
▪ The festival runs from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Fairhaven historic district in Bellingham.
▪ The Shoestring Circus will have shows at The Portal container village from May 19 to 29 at Waypoint Park. All ages are welcome to the shows, and tickets are available online at https://shoestringcircus.ticketspice.com/shoestring-circus.
▪ The circus will have eight shows during Memorial Day weekend: 7 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 1 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on May 27 and 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. on May 28 and 29. The big circus tent is located on Granary Avenue near the Waterfront Pump Track at 1200 Bay St.
For other events throughout the month, visit The Herald’s Bellingham May event guide.