Fake news swept across the internet in the aftermath of a deadly explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, on Monday night.
Reports that a gunman was on the loose at a nearby hospital, that Grande had been injured in the blast and that she had immediately retired from music all circulated within hours of the explosion which British police are treating as a terrorist incident.
Here’s a round up of the fake news stories to watch out for so far:
Ariana Grande Was Not Photographed Backstage, Battered And Bruised
Fake News! This is NOT Ariana Grande in Manchester. It's from a filmset in 2015. Stay safe! pic.twitter.com/FhoqSISO4e
— Julian Paul (@bildschirmspiel) May 22, 2017
This photograph of a "battered and bruised" Grande was not taken backstage following the explosion. It's actually from when Grande was filming "Scream Queens" in New Orleans, Louisiana, in June 2015.
A Gunman Was Not On The Loose Outside A Nearby Hospital
Royal Oldham IS on lockdown.
— Nicola (@SarcasticoRosso) May 22, 2017
Reports on Facebook, Twitter and two national British newspapers suggested that a gunman was on the loose at the Royal Oldham Hospital, which is some 10 miles away from the Manchester Arena, as casualties were arriving for treatment. Police swept the area as a precaution and said no gunman was present. Oldham Council later asked people to "only trust or share official sources of information."
This Little Boy Is Not Actually Missing
— Kylie Manser (@KylieManser1) May 23, 2017
This photograph is in fact a promotional picture for Downs Designs, a company in Ohio that makes clothing for people with Down syndrome. HuffPost covered the company in this 2014 article, which features the same image.
Ariana Grande Has Not Quit Music
ariana never have said she'll end her career. Instead of spreading fake news, can you just pray for everyone?! no words
— clevéjan ♡ (@zacharybgrande) May 23, 2017
Dozens of misleading tweets have falsely suggested that Grande announced her retirement from music in the aftermath of the blast. Her international "Dangerous Woman Tour" has been “postponed indefinitely," but the singer has made no comment on her music future.
This article originally appeared on HuffPost.