A little delicate, feminine touch on Valentine’s Day is always a sweet way to go. When you combine intricate doilies and Hershey’s Kisses, you end up with a lacy way to say ‘I Love You.’
Yahoo Makers: The Best Valentine’s Fudge for Your Sweetheart
Cloth doilies can be found at most fabric stores and paper doilies are usually readily available at supermarkets and dollar stores, which means you shouldn’t have too much trouble locating your materials.
Yahoo Makers: Edible Elegance
Of course, you could always opt for all black lace instead - if you’re looking to go a little racy with your lacy.
- 3 mason jars- 2 large, 1 small
- Paper doilies
- Crocheted doilies- one big, one small
- Black lace
- Rubber bands
- Chocolate Kisses
- Pom Pom Ribbon
- Black card stock
- White Sharpie Pen
- Red tissue paper
1. Fill 1 large jar with red tissue paper, letting some stick out of the top.
2. Fill 2 other jars with chocolate Kisses and screw on the lids.
3. Cut a heart shape from a paper doily and glue it on to the front of one mason jar with the lid screwed on.
4. Cut 2 squares of black lace and attach one square like a cap to the lid of the jar with a paper doily on it, and attach it around the mouth of the jar with pom pom ribbon.
5. Place the 2nd mason jar in the center of a big crocheted doily and bring up the sides like a bouquet. Attach it with a rubber band around the mouth of the jar.
6. Tuck the lace into the top of the crocheted doily around the 2nd jar, like a flourish.
7. Take the 3rd mason jar and use the small crocheted doilies as a cap over the lid. Attach it with pom pom ribbon.
8. Cut a heart shape from black card stock, and write your message in white Sharpie pen, “I just love your kisses! xx”, and set it next to your jars.
More from Yahoo Makers:
- You Will Never Throw Away a Paper Plate Again
- No-Skill Glitter Heart Necklace
- DIY Your Own Designer Valentine Chocolates