The “Doctor Who” Season 10 premiere is sure to have some surprises, but let’s face it: we know what an episode introducing a companion is like. It’s a relaunch of the show that makes it easy for new viewers to jump in. There are some things that longtime Whovians know are inevitable in an episode like this, and that makes it perfect for a drinking game.
In the Season 10 premiere, titled “The Pilot,” Bill (Pearl Mackie) will be introduced as the Doctor’s (Peter Capaldi) new human companion. Nardole (Matt Lucas) is still tagging along in the TARDIS too, and together they’ll have some adventures with the Doctor throughout time and space. Whovians who are over 21 can drink according to these rules during BBC America’s premiere on Saturday.
Take a sip if:
- A companion’s life is in danger.
- The sonic sunglasses come out.
- Nardole makes you laugh.
- Someone runs down a hallway.
Chug for 5 seconds if:
- When the Twelfth Doctor cracks a smile.
- The Doctor plays guitar.
- The Doctor explains time travel and aliens to Bill.
Finish your drink if:
- A classic alien shows up.
- The Doctor invites Bill to travel with him.
- The TARDIS lands somewhere the Doctor didn’t plan.
Take a shot if:
- Someone says “bigger on the inside.”
- Someone questions the doctor’s name and asks, “Doctor who?”
- Psychic paper is used.
For added fun, make Who-themed drinks! Check out Doctor Who Cocktails for recipes like a TARDIS-tini and The Captain Jack.
As always, remember to stay safe. Adapt the rules to what you are comfortable with, and never drink before flying a TARDIS.
“Doctor Who” Season 10 premieres Saturday at 9 p.m. EDT on BBC America.