Do you love avocado, but find it a little bit difficult to handle? There’s getting that firmly planted avocado pit out and then slicing it without creating a big mushy mess - it can be a frustrating task without a few easy tips to remember.
Here’s how you get to delicious green goodness out of its skin without getting it all over the place…
To De-Seed an Avocado
1. Slice your avocado in half and twist it to pull it apart.
2. Whack the blade of your knife into the pit of the avocado, so the knife buries itself in it. Then twist the knife gently and pull out the pit.
To Slice an Avocado
1. Slice your avocado half while it’s still in the skin.
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the slices, scraping very closely to the inside of the skin. Then simply lift out the slices.
To Dice an Avocado
1. Slice your avocado half vertically and then horizontally while it’s still in the skin.
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the diced avocado.
Related on Yahoo Makers: 4 Lemon Hacks with a Twist
So next time you want to whip up a batch of guacamole or feel like some avocado toast, follow these simple steps to going green, without all the mush and mess.
More from Yahoo Makers:
- The Easiest Way to Open a Pomegranate
- 5 Surprising Tips for the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg. Every Time.
- Kitchen Hack: How to Properly Cut an Eggplant