Bacon jam — it’s probably about as decadent as it gets.
You may be asking yourself, “Has the bacon craze gone too far?” Well, we answer you with a resounding no! You’ll want to put this wickedly delicious spread on everything … absolutely everything. We suggest spreading it over your baked sweet potatoes, adding it to the inside of a baked Brie, or simply serving it with a really good aged sharp Cheddar.
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
1. Cook your bacon until crispy, and remove it from the pan onto a paper towel to drain. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of fat in the pan.
2. Slice your onion finely, add it to the greased pan, and sauté over medium heat until softened.
3. Chop the garlic cloves and add them to the pan, sautéing a further minute.
4. Add apple cider vinegar and cook until slightly evaporated.
Related on Yahoo Makers: The Ultimate in Homemade … Bacon!
5. Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
6. Crumble in the crisped bacon, stir to combine, and simmer for 45 minutes or until the liquid has become syrupy (this may take as long as an hour).
7. Pour the mixture into a food processor and pulse until it is spreadable but not entirely smooth — you want a little texture, and the occasional piece of bacon for some crunch.
8. Place the jam in a jar and label it. Keep refrigerated, and bring desired amount to room temperature before spreading it on absolutely everything!
Also on Yahoo Makers: