The cause of Cory Monteith's death has been released from the British Columbia's Coroners Service.
The autopsy and toxicological analysis of the late actor - who was 31 - died of a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."
Canadian officials said the investigation into the "Glee" star's death was "continuing" and no other details were currently available.
"It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the office said in a statement on Tuesday.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com , the actor - who found fame as Finn Hudson on the Fox musical series - was found in a hotel room on the 21st floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver on Saturday afternoon.
In late March, Monteith voluntarily entered a rehab program for help with substance addiction, the actor's rep announced in a statement at the time.
Following his stint in rehab, Monteith took to Twitter to thank his fans for their support.
"Sending out big love to everyone. Thank you for the continued support!" he Tweeted on April 28. "It means the world to me! :)" Monteith made his first post-rehab red carpet appearance in early June, at the 12th annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball in Los Angeles, with girlfriend (and fellow "Glee" star) Lea Michele by his side.
Two years prior to entering rehab, Monteith opened up in a candid interview with Parade magazine about his past substance abuse problems.
"I'm lucky on so many counts--I'm lucky to be alive," he told Parade in June 2011.
"I burned a lot of bridges. I was out of control," he told the mag, before adding that his drug use included "anything and everything, as much as possible."
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.