Cat dies, 2 residents suffer smoke inhalation in Reservation St. fire

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Just before 8 p.m. Tuesday night, Buffalo fire crews responded to an apartment complex at 44 Reservation Street.

A fire began on the first floor of the occupied building and caused an estimated $175,000 in damage.

According to authorities, two residents were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene. One cat died as a result of the fire.

It’s not clear what started the fire, but fire officials are investigating.

Latest Local News

Arrest made in Tuesday night shooting in Buffalo

“Totality Wings” accompany eclipse event at Highmark Stadium

I-90 reopens after driver dies in tractor trailer crash

More tourists have stays at hotels for eclipse canceled

3 found guilty for 2019 murders in Tonawanda, Buffalo; 1 more pleads guilty

Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.

For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to News 4 Buffalo.