The next game from Gnarwhal Studios, which includes Cards Against Humanity co-creator Max Temkin, is a card-based "Wild West slap duel" game called Slap .45 currently seeking funding via Kickstarter.
The Kickstarter campaign describes Slap .45 as "a simple slap game that captures the feeling of a classic Western shootout. Players chose their own gang with a special power and play to outwit — and outslap — the competition. According to the Kickstarter campaign, Slap .45 has been a work-in-progress for about a year.
The full game includes 67 shootout cards, 43 mini gang cards for seven gangs, seven gang home bases, a custom box and the rule set. Gnarwhal Studios is hoping to raise $18,850 by Sept. 17, which will allow its creators to print 1,000 copies.
The campaign has only one backer goal at the $35 level, which includes a copy of the game shipped "to your doorstep" in April 2015. At the time of this post, more than $7,000 has been raised.
For more on Slap .45, check out the Kickstarter pitch below.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)