Halloween is all about creating atmosphere and illusion. Haunted houses, hazy interiors and lots of low lighting are what make October 31st so very spooky. We think it’s imperative that you add to that “spook-factor” with lots and lots of candles and if you can get those candles to drip blood - even better!
For these “bloody” candles, you want to make sure you don’t pick up a pack of the “no-drip” variety, after all, that would totally defeat the purpose!
Cheap candles in Red, Burgundy, or Black (make sure they are not ‘no-drip’)
Empty wine bottles
Red food coloring
1. Clean the inside and outside of your wine bottles, removing all labels as well.
2. Fill the bottles with water.
3. Add a drop or two of red food coloring (this will create a nice light when lit by candles)
4. Light a candle and hold the candle over the edge of mouth so wax drips down the side of the bottle.
The more wax you let drip, the better the effect.
Related on Yahoo Makers: Pumpkin Ice Bucket
5. Light a candle and place it in the mouth of the wine bottle, let it drip.
6. Repeat with several bottles for the best results.
So go ahead, make your home the creepiest on the block! We dare ya!
Also on Yahoo Makers: