Welcome to "First Shots," a daily roundup of early-bird news and a preview of what's to come.
• Congress reconvenes today and will tackle the issue of tax cuts. (Washington Post)
• The White House is set to notify Congress of a $60 billion deal to offer advanced aircraft to Saudi Arabia—the largest U.S. arms deal in history. (Wall Street Journal)
• In the wake of the bailout, has Citigroup failed to change its corporate culture? (The Daily Beast)
• Hillary Clinton travels to the Mideast this week to resume peace talks. (Associated Press)
• The "underwear bomber" suspect will appear today in court. (AOL News)
• Iran may release U.S. hiker Sarah Shourd today after calling off her release over the weekend (CNN)
• An increase in coffee prices may soon be ending due to an expected surplus. (Bloomberg)
Have something you'd like to see in our daily First Shots post? Email me.