CHARLOTTE--New York Sen. Chuck Schumer, one of the most prominent Democratic attack dogs in Congress, offered up a plate of one-liners in his speech at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday.
Love him or hate him, it's pure Schumer. Here's the top five:
1. "We know Mitt Romney never met a tax haven he didn't like. But his new favorite tax haven is actually not the Cayman Islands—its Paul Ryan's budget."
2. "Under this plan, Mitt Romney's own taxes would drop to almost zero. ...That's not trickle down. That's a dirty trick."
3. "Mitt Romney's only bottom line is the one at the end of his own bank statement."
4. "Republicans always try to paint Democrats as weak on defense. This time, they can't. After all, Mitt Romney's idea of an overseas accomplishment is sending U.S. jobs there."
5. "To those like Mitt Romney who want to take us backwards, let's send a strong message in November: as we say in Brooklyn, 'Fuhgeddaboutit.'"