Don’t have credit? Walmart introduces new “internet ordering by cash” option


There are a lot of people out there who want to participate in e-commerce but can't for lack of a credit card. That's the rationale behind Walmart's newest endeavor: Called "Pay by Cash," starting today you can place an order online at and then pay by cash at any Walmart location.

According to the CEO of Walmart, only 15% of customers actually pay for their purchases with credit in stores. While that doesn't mean the other 85% can't pay by credit, this new idea does give those who pay with cash out of necessity another option. It also makes sending gifts easier — you can choose your gift online, pay in a store, and then have the item shipped automatically without any more effort.

Revolutionary, right? Well yes, it is — unless you count the fact that you can just as easily walk into Walmart and buy a pre-paid debit card that allows you to order online just as easily. Oh, and the fact that mail order businesses have been shipping orders COD long before the internet even existed. Still, for those without credit cards, buying things online is difficult enough — anything that makes the process easier is welcome indeed.

[via All Things D]

This article was written by Fox Van Allen and originally appeared on Tecca

More from Tecca: