If you've got an old pair of boots (or shoes) you can part with, you could walk away with a pair of free tickets to U2′s sold out June 7 concert at the Oakland Coliseum.
The Soles4Souls nonprofit is hosting a shoe collection drive at the Hard Rock Cafe on Pier 39. They're giving away "at least 100 pairs of tickets" so come early and don't miss out.
StubHub's "Take Off Your Boots" U2 Ticket Giveaway
Monday, June 6, 2011 (3p-6p)
Hard Rock Cafe, Pier 39, SF
- Donate a pair of new (or gently used) boots or shoes
- In exchange for the donation, receive a free pair of tickets to the U2 360° concert in Oakland on June 7th
- Arrive early — there will be "at least 100 pair" of tickets to give away, but it's first come first served
About the Charity: Soles4Souls
The Nashville-based charity, collects shoes and distributes them to people in need. Since 2005, it has given more than 13 million pairs of new and gently worn shoes to people in over 125 countries. (They're nice folks so if you do miss out on the tickets… you should still give away those boots.)
And if you're wondering why StubHub suddenly became a big-time benefactor, here's what happened: U2 postponed their tour last year and many fans couldn't commit to the new dates. The online ticket vendor refunded their money but they had all these tickets and a policy to not resell tickets. So they're giving them away.
Don't live in San Francisco?
The "Take Off Your Boots" U2 Ticket Giveaway Also takes place in other cities…
- Seattle (Hard Rock Cafe Seattle, 116 Pike Street) — June 3 from 3:00 — 6:00 p.m.
- San Francisco (Hard Rock Cafe San Francisco, Pier 39 #256) — June 6 from 3:00 — 6:00 p.m.
- Los Angeles (Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood, 6801 Hollywood Blvd #105) — June 14 from 3:00 — 6:00 p.m.
- Miami (CocoWalk, 3015 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove, FL) — June 28 from 12:00 p.m. — 4:00 p.m.
- Philadelphia (StubHub Storefront, 900 Packer Ave.) — July 13 from 11:00 a.m. — 2:00 p.m.
- New York City (StubHub Storefront, 40th and Broadway) — July 20 from 11:00 a.m. — 2:00 p.m.