A man and woman living together in the community of Silver Valley in North Carolina will have to look for a new home after their house was completely lost to a fire early Monday morning. As WGHP FOX8 reports, it appears the incident was avoidable – the man, whose name has not been given, started the fire after he tried blowing his nose while smoking at the same time.
WGHP spoke with officials who say the incident happened at 3 AM. The tissue the man was blowing his nose into caught fire and then his attempts to stomp out the fire before it spread failed. Neither the man nor the woman he lives with were harmed, and the fire was out by 5 AM.
More info: WGHP