A mom found out her daughter filled a dog bowl with gasoline at the worst possible time – when she was trying to put out a fire

Will Lerner
Odd News

A mother trying to put out a small fire in her house only succeeded in making the situation worse, but it’s not really her fault. As WAVE 3 News reports, the Louisville, Kentucky woman grabbed her dog’s water bowl and threw its contents on the flame. She then watched the flames spread more quickly, because the dog bowl didn’t have water in it – it was holding gasoline.

(WAVE)
(WAVE)

WAVE reports that, according to investigators, the woman’s 3-year-old daughter had, “mistakenly filled the water bowl with gas from a nearby canister.” Firefighters arrived and after an hour or so, they finally put out the fire. Nobody was harmed, but the fire did spread and caused some damage to a neighbor’s home.

More info: WAVE