The New York Times can't stop Guy Fieri from taking over Toronto.
Despite the fact that the Times slammed the Food Network star's American Kitchen & Bar with one of the worst reviews in the history of the paper, Fieri, who told Yahoo! he was "proud of the food we put out," hasn't let that put a damper on his trip to the T Dot.
Fieri is in town filming a new episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives," which, according to Toronto Life, is set to profile six unidentified Toronto restaurants. And if the 44-year-old chef's Twitter is to be believed, he arrived in the city on Tuesday.
"Another day with @united headin' north to Toronto for some international DDD joints," he tweeted. "Gonna be a good one!"
Fieri and his crew have been seen filming at five joints so far: The Stockyards: Smokehouse and Larder on St. Clair, the Rosedale Diner on Yonge, Caplansky's near Kensington Market, the Lakeview Restaurant on Dundas and Hey Meatball in Little Italy.
"It was fun," one of the Caplansky's staffers who would not identify themselves told the Toronto Star. "We were advised by the crew not to speak."
The foodie is getting in some filming while he's in the city to host the third annual Chef's Challenge For a Cure fundraiser for Mount Sinai hospital's cancer research -- Fieri's sister died of cancer last year. The Canadian chefs participating in the cook-off, which takes place on Dec. 1 at the Fairmont Royal York, include Chuck Hughes, Lynn Crawford, Mark McEwan, David Rocco and Michael Smith.
"The fact that I can help, and share my story about my experiences with cancer, is the best thing," Fieri told the National Post. "If it hasn't touched you yet, don't wait for it."